To train Trainers of various States in the organizing of Civil Defence & Disaster Management Training with an All Hazard approach.
On completion of the training programme, the participants will be able to perform the following:
- Understand principles of Civil Defence & Disaster Management.
- Design Civil Defence training programmes.
- Conduct local level training.
- Principles of CD organization.
- Impact of NBC weapons & Explosives.
- CD response against WMD's.
- Principles of Disaster Management.
- Measures of post disaster recovery.
- Basic approach to training.
- Setting training objectives.
- Design a Training programme.
- Planning a lesson.
- Communication skills & training aids.
- Simulation training in Civil Defence.
- Training by outdoor field exercises.
LEVEL OF PARTICIPANTS
The programme is specially designed for Civil Defence Trainers, faculty members from State ATI's / Central Training Institutions, Industrial Training Institutes & Trainers from NGO's
AGE LIMIT : No age limit
DURATION : 2 weeks
To train Civil Defence & Home Guards volunteers in order to make them capable of acting as responders in the event of Radiological Emergencies.
On completion of training the participants will be able to perform the following:
- Understand Radiological Emergencies & their consequences.
- Perform the responder actions and decontamination.
- Evaluate the requirements of the Shelters.
- Operate radiation detection equipments and donning & doffing of PPE.
- Radiation and Radioactive material.
- Health Effects of Ionization and Radiation.
- Radiological weapons and their effects.
- Protection against Radiation and Safety practices.
- Organisation of CD services in Radiological Emergencies.
- Assessment of Shelter protection.
- Improvised individual/ family shelter.
- Management of Shelters by Volunteer population.
- Radiation Detection Procedures & instruments.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Civil Defence Operations in Radiological emergency.
- Decontamination : Gross & Technical
LEVEL OF PARTICIPANTS
The programme will benefit Civil Defence & Home Guard Trainers of different States engaged in training against Nuclear disasters. They should have preferably passed 12th standard with science subjects and have working knowledge of English.
AGE LIMIT : Below 40 yrs.
DURATION : 1 week